Data Integration Specialist
This position requires extensive interactions with customer IT contacts, development, Data Ops, Customer Support, and Client Success to assist in the preparation and continual transmission of retail POS, library ILS, and publisher title data for clients of the Edelweiss+ and Edelweiss+Analytics platforms.
The primary responsibilities of this position are to communicate effectively with clients and vendors to determine the requirements of the options chosen and effectively execute those options. This position is also responsible for troubleshooting and facilitating reporting on client uploads and setups. This person will have direct phone contact with customers in order to setup data imports and will monitor and verify incoming data transmissions for conformance to standards.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor and respond to helpdesk ticket requests.
- Conduct new client setup technical calls as needed and meet responsiveness goals in all communications.
- Set up imports for new clients. Create new and update existing import templates.
- Work in Treeline databases to create templates that will capture records from client uploads.
- Write logical expressions to pull data from the files as necessary.
- Work with Customer Support/Client Success to verify client requirements and communicate effectively, exceeding client expectations and providing stellar customer service – reducing client setup time.
- Use tools to test and validate data.
- Work with other internal teams to set protocols, design workflows, and implement quality improvement efforts.
- Maintain storage of all client data and appropriate records.
- Manually import/export data to/from database tables.
- Provide training and advising to internal team members re: EDI processes as needed. Write procedural documentation on EDI system processes.
- Perform QA as needed.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Familiarity with the following file formats: CSV, Fixed, Excel, XML, and JSON in various file encodings. Experience with MARC files would be a plus.
- Familiarity with the following file transmission formats: FTP, SFTP, SSH
- Knowledge of Powershell, VBScript, and Python. Experience with C#/VB.Net/SOLR/Lucene would be a plus.
- SQL Experience: TSQL / Stored Procedures / Bulk Insert / BCP
- Excellent problem solving, time management, ability to work independently, organizational, communication and people skills are required.
- Experience with data analysis is a must.
- Past EDI customer service experience.
- Degree with a concentration in IT and/or Electronic Data Interchange training/education. Advanced computer, quality improvement, and business courses are also wonderful.
Local candidates are preferred but open to different work arrangements for the right candidate. Full-time, part-time, and contract-to-hire would all be considered.
We have a great team, amazing customers, and a vital product! The organization is small but growing, and every person plays a critical role in the development of our culture and our success as an organization. We cherish books and believe fervently in their indispensable contribution to an enlightened and caring world. Above the Treeline’s mission is to help professional book people work better and read more. “Professional book people” are booksellers, publishing houses and their sales representatives, librarians, book reviewers, and other people that devote their professional endeavors to the world of books.
We are based in the heart of downtown Ann Arbor. We offer competitive benefits including Blue Cross Blue Shield health benefits, 401K + matching, fitness membership, flexible work hours, great co-workers, and great company culture!
Our Company's Core Values:
- Makes good use of organizational resources and uses time wisely. Is consistently accountable for time, effort, and contribution to Treeline’s success.
- Takes pride in their work and the service they deliver to customers.
- Cultivates strong, collaborative working relationships built on a foundation of mutual trust.
- Pays attention to circumstances, anticipates needs, and asks colleagues what they can do to help.
- Assumes the best intentions in others and demonstrates kindness and empathy consistently.
- Supports co-workers and always has their back. Actively shares job knowledge, teaches, and works well with others.
- Always leads by example, consistently steps up, and goes the extra mile.
- Speaks the truth respectfully - with a sincere desire to improve themselves, others, and the company.
- Communication is timely, done in the right form (verbal or written), and delivered with positive intent.
- Displays a willingness to listen to feedback, learn from experiences, and apply these things to their actions.
Build with Heart
- Embraces new ideas and trusts the emergent process. Displays a willingness to make these things successful with a positive attitude.
- Seeks the positive in all things and shows the ability to move past disappointing circumstances quickly.
- Learns from mistakes and failures. Takes responsibility for what they have done and takes steps to prevent mistakes from happening twice.