Above the Treeline is looking for an exceptional DevOps Engineer to join our development team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about service reliability and performance, has an innate desire to understand how technologies work, and looks for automation opportunities to increase efficiency. We have a lively DevOps culture that provides technology services, infrastructure, processes, and tools to both internal and external customers.
We offer a relaxed atmosphere, an agile workflow, awesome benefits, and a strong goal of keeping meetings to a minimum. Quality is important to us, so we strive to maintain a highly available, SaaS Cloud Platform that delights our customers.
Why we need you
• Develop and manage Above the Treeline’s infrastructure service stack, monitoring, and performance metrics using Microsoft Azure tooling
• Automate as many aspects of technology deployment as possible on a Continuous Delivery model to ensure rapid, reliable application improvement
• Oversee key vendor relationships to maintain continuity of platform services (DNS, SSL encryption, cloud) and verify appropriate spending
• Manage, diagnose, and resolve system incidents and internal technical escalations for Above the Treeline’s service operations leveraging automation and bug identification tools to prevent recurrence
• Engage with Software Engineers, Product Managers, and Quality Assurance Analysts to diagnose and resolve performance and reliability issues and develop enhancements to Above the Treeline’s platform
- Evaluate, test, deploy, and maintain custom developed and third-party software upgrades
- Work with Agile development teams to ensure smooth promotion of code, configuration, and assets into development, testing, and production environments
• Work with Client Services and Software Engineers on new customer implementations
• Effectively communicate and engage with all service stakeholders, both internal and external
We’re not looking for the impossible, just the exceptional. If you meet any combination of the listed skills below, we would love to hear from you!
- B.S. in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years in a technical role such as software engineer, systems engineer, or cloud engineer
- Basic development skills; experience with PowerShell and .NET preferred
- Excellent skills in Windows Server administration and related networking (TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, load balancing strategies, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Azure SaaS offerings
- Experience with Continuous Delivery automation platforms (Azure DevOps, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server or other RDMS
- Experience with Apache Solr is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Applications Insights
- Experience with Agile development teams
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose and troubleshoot service issues, determine root cause, and work with stakeholders to remediate
• Working knowledge of technology operations as it relates to incident management, problem management, and change management
• Effective skills in prioritization, communication, ownership, collaboration, and follow through
• Strong desire to develop new skills and evolve within an entrepreneurial organization
Work in the heart of downtown Ann Arbor, Blue Cross Blue Shield benefits, 401K + matching, fitness membership, flexible work hours, great co-workers.